CoEd Middle School Track
Middle School Track 2019
Coaches and Contact Information
- Erin Thompson (Head Coach) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Lopez (Assistant Coach) email@example.com
- Julie Spires (Assistant Coach) firstname.lastname@example.org
*We will be posting all meet information and announcements on www.tellurideathletics.com
- To expose and teach student athletes the fundamentals and joys of track and field
- Help with student character development
- Create a cohesive team
- Have fun
Paperwork Needed ASAP
**Will not be able to practice after spring break without ALL paperwork complete
- Code of Conduct Form
- Permission to Participate
- Student’s Weekly Schedule and Meet Availability
Of student athletes:
- Maintain excellent academic standings (students must be eligible to play and practice)
- Maintain excellent school wide behavior and be a role model
- Have a good attitude and be a productive team member
- Work hard
- Make a commitment to the team and coaches
- Let us know of your concerns at an appropriate time and in an appropriate manner. Contact coaches first, athletic director next, and if needed the principal will be contacted.
- Help out as much as needed and when appropriate
- Be your child’s biggest fan
- Be fair and ethical
- Be knowledgeable
- Be a positive role model
- Act in the best interest of the team
Practice and Meets
- Practice Starts Monday March 25th for all 6th graders and NEW 7th/8th graders. Former 7th/8th grade runners will begin on April 1st.
- Practices will be Monday- Fridays 3:30-4:55
- We know some students won’t be able to come everyday, so we will be collecting schedules at the beginning of the season so we can know when to expect them. Students must be able to commit to at least 3 Practices a week!
- Students must be at the practice the day before the meet! If they do not come to that practice they can not compete in the meet.
- All students must ride the bus to the meet (if they are not on the bus they will not compete that day!) and they are expected to stay and support for the entire meet.
- Students can go home with parents with a coaches permission/sign out *If leaving with another family member, a letter must be provided from the child’s parents 48 hours prior to the meet. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Discipline will depend upon practice attendance, attitude, and school performance. Coaches have the right to pull a student out of practices/meets if their performance is not meeting our team’s standards.
- All students competing at the meets will have a uniform.
- Please take care of them, any missing/incomplete uniform will be charged $75.00 to your account.
- Students are officially done with the season when the uniform is returned.
- Must have appropriate footwear-running shoes. There is no need to have track spikes at this level. Be sure to bring appropriate clothes to every practice (sweatpants/sweatshirts/rain jackets). Our weather changes quickly.
MS Track Disciplines:
- Relay, Sprints, Distance, Hurdles, Long Jump, High Jump, Discus, Shot
- We will offer sign up sheets for students to choose disciplines throughout the season.
- We encourage athletes to try any and all disciplines.