Telluride High School
Announcements and Important Events
Dear High School Students and Parents,
We hope this letter finds you well and in good spirits. It is hard to believe that we will be wrapping up our regular season for the fall athletic teams and moving into winter. As we transition into the winter season, I wanted to take a moment and encourage all our high school students to consider participating on our basketball teams. Participating in basketball during winter provides a great outlet during the darker months of the year and offers incredible opportunities for personal growth, skill development, and unforgettable memories. This winter we will have some new faces in our gym and I am excited to introduce you to our coaching staff additions who are dedicated and ready to support our athletes.
Maggie Stephenson will be joining our HS girls basketball team as an assistant coach. Maggie comes to Telluride after playing basketball for Texas Woman's University (2018-2021) and completing her college playing career as a graduate student and captain at the University of Charleston (2022-2023). Maggie brings a lot of basketball experience and intellect to the team with good character to match. Her selflessness in helping others and her strong work ethic will help our team grow. We are looking forward to her positive influence on the team this season.
Dylan Cantor is making his way back to the Miner gymnasium as the HS boys basketball team assistant coach this season. Dylan is a THS alumni (2016) who fell in love with basketball on the very court he will be coaching this season. Coaching at THS is a “dream come true” for Dylan who hopes to instill and grow the love of basketball in the athletes. We look forward to welcoming Dylan back to THS as he pays it forward with the boys basketball program.
Adam Dubroff will be the head coach of the high school boys basketball team. Adam is new to THS but is no stranger to San Juan Basin League basketball and the town of Telluride. Adam has over 6 years of HS head basketball coaching experience, most recently as the the head coach of the Ridgway boys basketball team (2020-2023). Adam loves the game of basketball and teaching young adults both individual and team skills. More important than basketball skills, Adam believes that coaching basketball is a great opportunity to teach valuable life skills that our athletes will benefit from forever.
Basketball is a great way for your student to stay active, engage with peers and represent our school with pride. Together, we can create a basketball season filled with excitement and achievement. Practice officially starts on November 13 for both the HS boys and girls teams and sign up information can be found below. If you or your student has any questions or need more information about our high school basketball programs, please don’t hesitate to contact us or our coaching staff.
We wish everyone a safe and successful winter sports season (no matter what they are involved in), and we look forward to seeing our teams and students in action.
TMHS Athletic Director
To register your child for any sport for the 23-24 school year, please login to studentcentral.bigteams.com and click or checkmark the box of the sport/sports your athlete would like to participate in the student account under “Sports of Interest”.
If you are new to studentcentral.bigteams.com, please follow these instructions to create an account and sign/upload all forms.
1. Go to; studentcentral.bigteams.com and create an account. Both the parent and the athlete need to create their own account. The reason is both the parent and the athlete need to sign their own forms.
2. Once both the parent and the athlete have their own accounts and are able to login, the parent account needs to “link” with their student’s account.
3. Both parent and athlete need to login and click on “Athletic Forms”. Both accounts will need to sign/initial their own forms. You do not need to download the documents and then reupload them. You only need to type, sign/initial where directed. You also need to click on the document link, read through the entire document before you will be allowed to sign/initial the document.
4. The parent account should upload the Sports Physical form signed by the doctor in the section titled “CHSAA Physical Evaluation Form”. Please do not turn in a physical copy of the sports physical to the school. The forms just need to be uploaded.
5. Once all of this is complete, we will approve the forms and list the athlete as eligible to participate in practice.